Bacon, Tomato and Lettuce Bruschetta
- 10 slices bacon crispy cooked and crumbled
- 3-4 roma tomatoes plum, seeded and chopped, about 1 1/3 cup
- 1 cup green lettuce chopped
- 2 Tbs. fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- About 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 16- oz. package twin French bread loaves cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup blue cheese or feta cheese crumbled (optional)
- In medium bowl, stir together all topping ingredients; set aside. Brush olive oil on both sides of bread slices; place on baking sheet. Bake at 400 F, turning once, for 7 minutes per side or until crisp and golden brown; cool. Spoon about 1 Tbs. topping on each toast round.*
- Top with crumbled cheese. Makes about 24 appetizers.
- *Or, serve topping in a small bowl, surrounded by the toast rounds.
Tailgate Tip: Prepare and refrigerate topping ingredients and bake toast rounds ahead of time. For best flavor, stir together topping ingredients just before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!