Baked Egg with Canadian Bacon
- 1 6- oz. package Canadian-style bacon chopped
- Butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup refrigerated red potato wedges no-oil added cubed
- 1 small plum tomato seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbs. fresh chives chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 4 tsp. nonfat half-and-half
- 4 tsp. Swiss cheese Gruyere or white Cheddar cheese, finely shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat inside of four 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups/ramekins with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine Canadian bacon, potatoes, tomato and chives in a medium bowl. Spoon mixture evenly in ramekins. Break egg into each ramekin on top of the Canadian bacon mixture. Sprinkle with pepper. Drizzle 1 tsp. of half-and-half over each egg. Place ramekins on baking sheet.
- Bake in heated oven for 15-20 minutes or until egg whites are opaque and yolks have firm edges but soft in centers. Remove from oven. If desired, sprinkle each with 1 tsp. cheese. Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings.
Serving: 4gSodium: 14mgCalcium: 44mgVitamin A: 41IUSugar: 1gPotassium: 10mgCholesterol: 5mgCalories: 22kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 1gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!