Beef and Egg Breakfast Mugs
Basic Country Beef Breakfast Sausage
- 1 pound ground beef 93% or leaner
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh sage or 1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh vegetables such as tomato spinach, bell pepper, zucchini or green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese Cheddar, Monterey Jack or American
- 8 large eggs
- Salt and pepper optional
- Toppings optional: dairy sour cream, salsa, sriracha, ketchup
- Combine sausage ingredients in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat; let cool 10 minutes. Evenly divide beef and vegetables into eight food-safe quart-size plastic bags. Close securely and refrigerate up to 4 days.
- For each serving, spray one 6 to 12-ounce microwave-safe mug or bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Add 1 egg and 1 Tbs. water; whisk with fork. Stir in 1 bag refrigerated sausage-vegetable mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high 30 seconds. Remove from oven; stir. Continue to microwave on high 30 to 60 seconds or until egg is just set. Stir. Top with cheese. Let stand 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with toppings, if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!