Beef Tri-Tip Roast with Rosemary-Garlic Vegetables
- 1 beef tri-tip roast 1-1/2 to 2 pounds
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 12 small red-skinned potatoes halved
- 2 medium red yellow or green bell peppers, cut into eighths
- 2 medium sweet onions cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Heat oven to 425 F. Combine seasoning ingredients; press 1/2 onto beef tri-tip roast. Combine remaining seasoning with oil and vegetables in large bowl; toss. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Place vegetables around roast. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425 F oven 30-40 minutes for medium rare; 40-50 minutes for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135 F for medium rare; 150 F for medium. Transfer to board; tent with foil. Let stand 20-25 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10 degrees to reach 145 F for medium rare; 160 F for medium.) Meanwhile increase oven temperature to 475 F. Remove peppers. Continue roasting potatoes and onions 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Carve roast across the grain. Serve with vegetables.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!