Bite-Sized Bacon and Mushroom Quiche
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms chopped
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 1/3 cup green onion chopped
- 1 2/3 cups Swiss cheese shredded
- Pastry for double-crust pie homemade or purchased
- 5 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sour cream
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry dough 1/16-inch thick. Using a 3-inch cutter, cut out 42 circles; re-roll scraps as needed. Fit circles into bottoms and slightly up sides of lightly greased 2 1/2-inch muffin pans.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon slices until crisp, drain; crumble or chop. Chop mushrooms, sauté in butter until limp and liquid evaporates. Combine bacon, mushrooms, green onion and cheese. Divide filling equally among muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, add sour cream and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each muffin cup.
- Bake until puffed and light brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes; lift out. Serve warm or let cool on wire racks. If made ahead, wrap cooled quiches airtight, and refrigerate overnight. Reheat, uncovered, in a 350 F oven for about 10 minutes. Makes 3 1/2 dozen.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!