Buffalo Pork with Blue Cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch cubes
- Oil Spray
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup hot sauce such as Tabasco divided
- 6 ribs celery cut crosswise in halves or thirds then lengthwise into sticks
- 2/3 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk low-fat or nonfat is okay
- 18 6- inch skewers soaked in water for at least 30 minutes if they’re wood or bamboo
- The flavors of buffalo chicken and blue cheese are a staple in tailgating, potlucks and just about any other celebration -- but did you know buffalo pork is a great way to change things up? This buffalo pork skewer recipe combines classic flavors with a twist. It’s easy to make, neater to eat than messy hot wings, and is sure to be a favorite among your game day-loving, fire-eating friends and family! And it comes with its own “blue cheese” dipping sauce recipe. (Or, if you prefer, try it with ranch!)
- Preheat broiler and arrange a rack 4 inches from the heat. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking oil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and milk. Season with salt and set aside. In another small bowl, combine the butter and 2 tablespoons of the hot sauce. Set both mixtures aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pork and remaining 2 tablespoons of hot sauce. Season generously with salt. Thread the pork onto skewers and arrange on prepared baking sheet. Broil for 4 minutes. Turn and broil until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove pork from broiler and let rest at least 3 minutes. While pork is resting, brush both sides with the butter mixture.
- Serve the skewers and celery sticks with the blue cheese sauce on the side.
*Note: Instead of making the blue cheese sauce from scratch, you can purchase ready-made blue cheese dressing.
Serving: 6gSodium: 157mgCalcium: 27mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 132IUSugar: 1gPotassium: 34mgCholesterol: 13mgCalories: 84kcalSaturated Fat: 3gFat: 8gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 3gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!