Caramel Apple Slab Pie
Short Description Here
- 2 packages refrigerated pie crusts (4 crusts) divided
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 8 cups thinly sliced and peeled Honey Crisp apples about 8 apples
- 1 cup caramel topping divided
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Bring crusts to room temperature according to package directions.
- Unroll pie crusts. Line bottom and sides of 13x9-inch glass baking dish with 2 pie crusts. Press seams of overlapping crusts in middle of baking dish together to seal.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in large bowl. Add apples; toss to coat well. Spoon into pie crust. Drizzle with 3/4 cup caramel topping. Top with remaining 2 crusts. Pinch edges of top and bottom crusts together to seal. Cut small slits in top crust.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on wire rack.
- Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup caramel topping to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!