- 46 crushed wafers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 16-18 whole vanilla wafers for side of form
- 3 8 oz. packages
- cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- lightly whisked
- 26 caramels
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted (optional)
- CRUST: Mix crushed wafers and sugar then stir in melted butter. Press wafer mix onto bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Arrange whole vanilla wafers around sides of pan.
- FILLING: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Next beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add lightly whisked eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake until center is nearly set, 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- TOPPING: In a microwave, melt caramels with milk; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans.
NOTE: To freeze cheesecake: Wrap individual portions of cheesecake in plastic wrap and place in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal bag and freeze. To use, thaw in the refrigerator.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!