- 1 cup plus 2 Tbs., vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. iodized salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts divided
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 51/2 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 F. In mixing bowl, cream together oil and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Slowly add in carrots and pineapple. In separate mixing bowl, sift together baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and flour. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup walnuts.
- Pour batter into two lightly greased 8-inch round cake pans and bake 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool completely; remove from pans. To make frosting: In mixing bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Trim and level cakes. Spread 1 1/2 cups frosting over one cake and stack second cake on top. Carefully frost entire cake with remaining frosting and garnish with remaining chopped walnuts.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!