- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 hamburger buns
- 1 1/3 cups chopped onion divided
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef 93/7 lean
- 1 1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup dill pickles minced
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Heat oven to 375.
- Spray a 9-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Tear buns into 3/4-inch pieces; place in casserole dish. Top with 1/3 cup chopped onion. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground turkey or beef and remaining onion over medium heat. When meat is halfway done, add steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. When meat is cooked, stir in pickles. Taste and add salt if needed. Without straining meat, pour it over buns.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, ketchup, mustard, pepper and salt until blended. Pour egg mixture evenly over meat and buns. Top with cheese; bake 30 minutes. Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Adaptation: This can easily be turned into Cheeseburger Pie with a few modifications. Instead of hamburger buns, use a pie crust. Sprinkle 1/3 cup onion on pie crust. Omit one egg in recipe. Allow cooked meat to cool for 10 minutes, then stir egg and meat mixture together before adding to pie crust. Bake for same amount of time.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!