Chipotle Pumpkin Black Bean Chili
- Dutch oven or large saucepan
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 rib celery chopped
- 2 jalapenos seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 Tbs. tomato paste
- 1 can 28 ounces no-salt added canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup canned pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup no-salt-added canned chicken broth
- 1 can no-salt-added canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can 12 1/2 ounces no-salt-added chicken, drained
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce finely chopped
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- lime wedges for serving
- In Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions, celery, jalapenos, garlic, cumin, oregano and pepper. Cook, stirring, 5-8 minutes, or until vegetables soften. Add tomato paste and cook 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, pumpkin puree, chicken broth, black beans, chicken, chipotles and brown sugar. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour, or until chili thickens. Add salt, to taste. Garnish with green onions and serve with lime wedges.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!