Chocolate Popcorn Reindeer
- 8 cups unsalted unbuttered popped popcorn
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp butter or light olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 16 pretzel sticks
- 16 eyeball candies
- 8 red candy-coated chocolate candie
- Place popcorn in large mixing bowl.
- In saucepan set over medium heat, heat marshmallows, chocolate, butter and salt, stirring often, until smooth. Toss marshmallow mixture with popcorn until well combined.
- Scoop 3/4 cup popcorn mixture into ball. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 8 balls. Place each ball in paper muffin cup liner.
- Insert pretzel stick on each side of ball to resemble antlers, stick two eyeball candies on for “eyes” and red candy for “nose.” Let cool completely.
These festive holiday popcorn balls are a great project for kids as they create their own red-nosed sleigh-pulling team! Tip: Eyeball candies can be found in the baking aisle of your local supermarket or bulk food stores.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!