Cinnamon Apple Crostata
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 cups peeled and thinly sliced apples 4-5 medium sized
- 1 tsp. sugar for sprinkling
- 2 Tbs. chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 450 F.
- In medium bowl mix together 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in peeled and sliced apples until well combined.
- Place flattened pie crust on an ungreased cookie or pizza sheet.
- Spoon apple mixture onto the center of the crust, spreading the mixture to about 2 inches from the edge of the crust.
- Fold crust over mixture, pleating along the way. Brush edges of crust with water. Sprinkle sugar over crust and apple mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is a golden brown. Sprinkle pecans over apple mixture.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!