Cornbread, Sausage and Apple Stuffing
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups apple unpeeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cornbread coarsely crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Heat oven to 350 F. In a large skillet, cook sausage until brown. Remove sausage; drain and set aside. Drain fat from skillet. In the same skillet, cook apple and onion in hot butter until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in poultry seasoning and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage, apple mixture, corn bread and parsley. Drizzle with enough chicken broth to moisten, tossing gently. Transfer to a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Serving: 8gSodium: 278mgCalcium: 20mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 54IUSugar: 1gFiber: 1gPotassium: 90mgCholesterol: 22mgCalories: 95kcalSaturated Fat: 3gFat: 8gProtein: 5gCarbohydrates: 1gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Source Kansas Pork Association