- 8 cups French bread crusty
- 1 8- ounce package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- In a greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish, arrange half of the bread pieces, about 4 cups. Cut cream cheese into 8-10 slices and arrange over the bread chunks. Sprinkle cranberries over bread chunks. Top with remaining bread pieces (4 cups).
- In a medium bowl beat together eggs, milk and maple syrup. Pour over bread in dish. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Lightly press down with back of spoon or spatula to saturate bread with egg mixture. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake covered for 45 minutes. Uncover then bake for 20 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm and topped with maple syrup, if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!