Dark Chocolate Soufflé
- 1/2 Tbs. extra light olive oil plus additional for coating pan
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar plus additional for coating pan
- 4 ounces 70 percent cocoa dark chocolate
- 1 ounce 30 percent heavy cream
- 3 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- pinch of cream of tartar
- Heat oven to 375 F. Grease two 6-ounce ramekins with olive oil and dust with sugar.
- In double boiler, melt chocolate, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and cream; let cool. Using electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Whisk egg yolks into cooled chocolate mixture; fold in egg whites, 1/4 cup sugar and cream of tartar. Pour into prepared ramekins; bake 15 minutes.
Tips: This recipe can be easily doubled. Garnish with fresh berries, if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!