Double Chocolate Biscotti
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup extra light olive oil plus 1 Tbs. for coating pans
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate morsels
- On sheet of waxed paper, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside. Using electric mixer, beat olive oil with sugar until smooth and light. Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating until smooth. Add milk and vinegar; beat until smooth. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture, beating until just combined. Stir in chocolate morsels with large spoon; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 325 F. Grease two large baking sheets with 1/2 Tbs. olive oil each. On lightly floured surface, divide dough into quarters. Roll each piece into log, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place logs on baking sheets, leaving space in between. Bake about 30 minutes, or until golden and set. Transfer to rack; let cool 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 F. On cutting board using serrated knife, cut each log into 3/4-inch-wide slices diagonally. Place slices, cut-side down, on baking sheets. Bake 15-18 minutes, or until toasted. Transfer to racks; let cool.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!