Date(s) - 04/22/2023 - 04/23/2023
Butler County Community/4-H Building
Butler County Master Gardeners are hosting their first lawn and garden show titled Grow and Bloom in Butler.
- Saturday 9 a.m.-5p.m.
- Sunday Noon-5p.m.
Area horticultural-related businesses, professional speakers, and a free seed swap are featured elements. Admission is free.
- Edible Plants in Your Landscape — Travis Carmichael, Sat. at 10 a.m.
- Tree Q&A — Dr. Jason Griffin, a tree guru, Sat. at 11 a.m.
- Establishing and Maintaining Lawns — Larry Crouse, Sat. at 1 p.m.
- Worm Composting — Scott Eckert, Sat. at 2 p.m.
- Container Gardening — Pam Paulson, Sun. at 1 p.m.
- Attracting Hummingbirds — Chuck Otte, Sun. at 3p.m.
Vendor exhibits will showcase local businesses. Tables displaying information about area horticultural organizations will inform attendees of their activities and benefits of membership.
Join gardening experts at the seed swap table for an opportunity to exchange excess seeds for ones you would like to try growing. Bring your surplus seeds from the past two gardening years. Seeds should be placed in appropriately sized paper or plastic packets and labeled.
Starter seed packs for beginning vegetable gardeners will be made available at the seed swap booth to the first 150 gardeners. “Seed bombs,” a unique and fun method for planting flower seeds, will be given out as long as they last.
Join plant enthusiasts at this family-friendly event. A food truck will be available both days.
This event is possible because of the coordination between the Butler County Master Gardeners, Kansas State Research and Extension Service, and local sponsors.