Date(s) - 03/27/2023 - 04/09/2023
Bethany College and Lindsborg are offering many opportunities to participate in the 142nd Messiah Festival of the Arts.
- Through April 9: Lindsborg Collects…Lindsborg Art, an exhibition of Lindsborg and Bethany College artists’ work on loan from Lindsborg residents’ collections. Located at Smoky Valley Arts and Folklife Center at 114 1/2 S. Main Street. Hours are Friday-Sunday 1-5 p.m.
- Through April 10: Attend the Juried Student Art Exhibition at Mingenback Art Center, located on the campus of Bethany College, 335 E. Swensson Street.
- March 31: The Jazz Walk: Lousiana! Birth of Jazz, downtown Lindsborg
- April 1: Cabaret: A Musical Revue will be preformed both evenings with wine and hors d’oeuvres at 7:30 p.m. in the Birger Sandzén Memorial Gallery, 401 N. First Street.
- April 3: Chasing History: A Conversation About the Many Editions of Handel’s “Messiah” — a presentation by Dr. Mark Lucas, Ph.D, Associate Professor of Music, Artistic Director and Conductor of the Messiah Festival of the Arts. Held in Pearson Chapel at 7 p.m. on the campus of Bethany College, 335 E. Swesson Street.
- April 3: Ages 4-12 are invited to attend The Lord Is My Shepherd Chalk Talk by Shelly Carlson of Lindsborg. The chalk talk will take place at Mabee Welcome Center on the campus of Bethany College at 7 p.m. with adult supervision for the children. A great way for parents to attend Chasing History while the children have fun with Shelly!
- April 7: Bach’s Passion According to St. Matthew will be performed in Presser Hall Auditorium, located on the campus of Bethany College, 335 E. Swensson Street at 7:30 p.m.
- April 9: Handel’s Messiah will be performed in Presser Hall Auditorium, located on the campus of Bethany College, 335 E. Swensson Street, at 3 p.m.
Tickets for Handel’s Messiah, Bach’s Passion, and Cabaret: A Musical Revue are on sale now! Click on this link for purchasing online, or call the Messiah Festival office 785-227-3380, extension 8235.