Five-Way Mini Meatloaves
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup saltine or butter cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Heat oven to 350 F. Combine all ingredients in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape beef mixture into 12 equal portions. Place into 12-cup standard muffin pan, lightly patting beef mixture to level top. Bake 19-20 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 160 F. Remove from oven. Garnish with toppings, as desired. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Italian: Add 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms, 1/2 cup pasta sauce and 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil to base meatloaf ingredients. Bake 22-24 minutes. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese. Serve with additional pasta sauce and chopped basil, as desired.
- Greek: Add 3 Tbs. chopped Kalamata olives and 1/2 tsp. dried oregano to base meatloaf ingredients. Bake 22-24 minutes. Top with crumbled feta cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with prepared cucumber yogurt sauce.
- Asian: Add 1/4 cup chopped green onions and 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger to base meatloaf ingredients. Bake 22-24 minutes. Top with hoisin sauce or teriyaki glaze. Garnish with chopped peanuts, sliced green onions or chopped cilantro.
- Spanish: Add 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper, 1/4 cup chopped Spanish olives and 1 tsp. smoked paprika to base meatloaf ingredients. Bake 22-24 minutes. Top with shredded manchego cheese. Garnish with sliced Spanish olives.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!