Gnocchi with Hearty Mushroom Bolognese
- 1 yellow onion coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot coarsely chopped
- 2 ribs celery coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds button cremini or portobello mushrooms
- 1 jar 24 ounces FarmToFork Marinara Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound refrigerated or frozen gnocchi
- 1/2 cup pecorino Romano cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley coarsely chopped
- In food processor, pulse onions, carrots, celery and garlic until finely chopped. In large pot over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add chopped vegetables, salt and pepper. Cook 10 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- In food processor, pulse mushrooms until coarsely chopped. Add to large pot with vegetables. Cook 10-12 minutes, or until most liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Stir in marinara sauce and butter.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain. Add to sauce mixture; mix gently. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Serving: 1gSodium: 707mgCalcium: 111mgVitamin C: 5mgVitamin A: 1745IUSugar: 5gFiber: 2gPotassium: 557mgCholesterol: 10mgCalories: 146kcalSaturated Fat: 3gFat: 10gProtein: 8gCarbohydrates: 9gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!