Grilled Cinnamon French Toast with Granola Crunch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 banana thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 slices whole-grain nut bread
- 1/4 cup granola for garnish
- To make sauce: In saucepan, stir together orange juice, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, strawberries and banana. Simmer over medium heat 5-6 minutes, or until flavors have combined, stirring occasionally.
- To make French toast: In shallow bowl, whisk together milk, egg and cinnamon. Dip slices of bread into milk mixture and cook 2 minutes on each side over medium heat on flat griddle or grill, or until golden brown.
- Serve French toast with strawberry-banana sauce and top with granola.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!