Grilled T-Bone Steaks with BBQ Rub
- 2 to 4 beef T-Bone or Porterhouse Steaks cut 1 inch thick (about 2 to 4 pounds)
- 2 Tbs. chili powder
- 2 Tbs. packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- Combine BBQ rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove bones and carve steaks into slices, if desired. Season with salt, as desired.
Cook’s Tip: To broil, place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 15 to 20 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Serves 4.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!