Herbed Spanish Omelet
- 1 pound potatoes peeled and diced or shredded
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 large whole eggs lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites lightly beaten
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh chives
- salt to taste (optional)
- Place potatoes in large pan. Cover with water. Bring to boil and cook, uncovered, 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain well.
- In deep, 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes and cook 5 minutes.
- Combine whole eggs and egg whites. Stir in parsley, basil and chives. Season with salt, to taste, if desired. Pour mixture over potatoes in hot skillet. Reduce heat and cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes, or until bottom of omelet is golden.
- If desired, brown top under toaster oven. Garnish with fresh herb sprigs, if desired.
Serving: 4gSodium: 32mgCalcium: 16mgVitamin C: 23mgSugar: 1gFiber: 2gPotassium: 502mgCalories: 159kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 7gProtein: 4gCarbohydrates: 20gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!