Honey Barbecue Baked Chicken Tenders
- /3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2-1/2 cups whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken tenders
- nonstick cooking spray
- Honey Barbecue Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbs. honey
- Heat oven to 400 F. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper. In large bowl, mix flour and panko with salt and pepper. In another large bowl, whip together barbecue sauce, milk, eggs and honey. Dip tenders in wet mixture then generously roll chicken tenders in panko mix. Spray tenders with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken strips on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Flip tenders and bake until cooked through and outsides are crisp, about 10 minutes. Serve with Honey Barbecue Dipping Sauce.
Note: To make Honey Barbecue Dipping Sauce: Combine barbecue sauce and honey, stirring together until fully mixed.
Serving: 4gSodium: 1033mgCalcium: 76mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 326IUSugar: 45gFiber: 1gPotassium: 748mgCholesterol: 299mgCalories: 504kcalSaturated Fat: 3gFat: 12gProtein: 48gCarbohydrates: 50gIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!