Impossibly Easy Coconut Pie
- 1 cup flaked or shredded coconut sweetened or unsweetened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine softened
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate with shortening or cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir all ingredients until blended. (All the ingredients can also be briefly pulsed together in a blender or food processor.) Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool, then serve (or allow to cool, then chill before serving).
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie. Serves 8.
Perfect for the spring buffet table, this light custard pie, enhanced with just the right amount of coconut, forms its own crust while baking.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!