Mini Ham and Avocado Biscuit Sliders
- 2 cups plus 1 Tbs.
- all-purpose flour divided
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. sage
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup cold butter cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup buttermilk divided
- 1 medium sweet potato boiled, peeled and mashed
- spinach leaves
- deli ham
- 1 avocado
- Heat oven to 425 F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, whisk 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, sage and paprika. With pastry blender, cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In medium bowl, whisk 3/4 cup buttermilk and mashed sweet potato. Stir into flour mixture until dough forms.
- Using remaining flour to prepare surface, knead until dough forms. Roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Using 2-inch round cutter, cut dough into 18 biscuits. Re-roll and cut out dough until all is used. Place biscuits on prepared baking sheet. Brush each biscuit with remaining buttermilk.
- Bake 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely. Split biscuits in half. Top bottom half of biscuit with spinach leaves, deli ham and an avocado slice. Replace biscuit top and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!