Mustard and Sage Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1 3 lb. bone-in turkey breast, thawed
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbs. melted butter
- 1 Tbs. whole grain mustard
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh sage
- 2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp. minced fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- Place oven rack in the bottom third of the oven. Heat oven to 450 F.
- Pat the skin of the turkey breast dry with paper towels and place on roasting rack. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine garlic, butter, mustard, herbs and salt. Mix until well combined, forming a paste.
- Carefully loosen the skin from the turkey breast and rub the herb mixture on the meat under the skin. Pull the skin back to cover the turkey breast. Rub any remaining herb mixture over the skin.
- Place the turkey breast in the oven and lower the oven heat to 350 F. Roast the turkey breast for 1 hour, turning halfway. If the breast begins to brown too quickly, form a tent with foil. Check the internal temperature of the turkey breast at the 1-hour point, followed by every 10 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 F at the thickest part of the breast.
- Remove the turkey breast from the oven and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!