Pecan Praline Ice Cream
- 2-2 ½ cups chopped pecans
- 2 Tbs. butter or margarine melted
- 6 eggs
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 13 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 2 cups sugar divided
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups milk
- Saute chopped pecans in melted butter, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes or until toasted. Set aside to cool. Beat eggs in a large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until frothy. Add next four ingredients; mix well. Combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup evaporated milk in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to bubble; then remove pan from heat.
- Place remaining 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and forms a smooth liquid. Stir in pecans. (Mixture may form lumps.) Stir pecan mixture into sugar and milk mixture; break apart pecan lumps. Stir into egg mixture. Pour into freezer can of a 1-gallon ice cream freezer. Add enough milk to fill can three-fourths full. Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Let ice cream ripen at least 1 hour. Yields 1 gallon.
NOTE: When I made it for the fair, you’re supposed to have the eggs cooked, so I heated to a custard consistency 6 beaten eggs, ½ cup sugar and 2 cups milk. I cut back the sugar to ½ cup when you mix it with the 1 cup evaporated milk.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!