Pomegranate Maple Glazed Turkey
- 1 Whole Turkey
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Locate and set aside neck and giblets package from inside the turkey cavity. Unwrap the turkey in the sink and pat dry with paper towels.
- Coat the outside of the turkey with butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place on a rack in a large roasting pan and roast for 1 hour.
- Combine the chicken broth, pomegranate juice and maple syrup in a nonstick skillet and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 30 minutes.
- After 1 hour of roasting, begin basting with the glaze. If the bird gets too dark, cover loosely with foil. Continue roasting until a thermometer inserted into the breast reaches 170° F.
- Transfer the turkey to a platter, tent with foil and let rest 30 minutes before slicing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!