Protein Power Huevos Rancheros
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1, 6- inch corn tortilla
- 2 Tbs. reduced-fat pepper jack cheese shredded, divided
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- 1 ounce cooked turkey sausage crumbled
- 1 Tbs. chunky garden salsa
- 2 Tbs. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbs. green onion sliced
- dash pepper
- salt optional
- hot sauce optional
- In a bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Season with salt (optional) and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tortilla to pan and heat for 10 seconds. Flip tortilla and heat on other side for 10 seconds and remove to a plate.
- Heat olive oil in pan. Add egg mixture and cheese. Cook eggs over medium low heat, stirring gently with a spatula until cooked through, but still creamy. Remove from heat.
- Top heated tortilla with turkey sausage, avocado, scrambled egg, salsa, Greek yogurt, green onion and optional dollop of hot sauce.
Serving: 1gSodium: 62mgCalcium: 113mgVitamin C: 6mgVitamin A: 133IUSugar: 3gFiber: 10gPotassium: 466mgCholesterol: 3mgCalories: 358kcalSaturated Fat: 3gFat: 16gProtein: 8gCarbohydrates: 50gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!