- 2 1/2 cups fresh ripe raspberries plus additional berries for garnish (if desired)
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar divided
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Place berries, 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar and lime juice in a small bowl; mash into a chunky purée with a fork. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream, 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar and vanilla until the cream is somewhat stiff and just beginning to hold peaks that do not deflate.
- Gently fold the raspberry purée into the whipped cream. Do not mix too much—some streaks of white and red are OK. Serve in individual dishes, topping with additional berries as a garnish. Serves 4.
NOTE: You can add more (or less) sugar to the berries depending on the fruit’s sweetness. The cream and raspberry purée can be made and refrigerated separately a few hours ahead; blend together before serving. Leftover fool can be stored for a day or so in the refrigerator. You can also try other berries (strawberries, blackberries) using this basic fool formula.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!