Ridiculously Tasty Roast Beef
- 1 beef bottom round roast about 3 pounds
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1-1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix together oil, rosemary, garlic, basil, salt, thyme and pepper in small bowl. Set mixture aside 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place beef bottom round roast on baking rack in tall-sided roasting pan. Rub oil mixture on roast, covering all sides. Pour broth and water in roasting pan. Insert oven-safe thermometer into center of roast. Place roasting pan in center of 325°F oven.
- Roast 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 hours. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 5°to 10°F.)
- Carve roast into slices; serve with cooking liquid or as a sandwich, topping with your favorite cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!