Shredded Angus Nachos
- 2 cups Angus beef eye of round roast cooked, chopped and shredded
- 1 tsp. ground sage
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 15- ounce can pinto beans precooked and strained
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup quesadilla cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup jalapeños
- Pat roast dry and season with ground sage, sea salt, cracked black pepper, garlic powder, cumin and chili powder.
- Place seasoned roast in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Remove from slow cooker and place on a tray to cool. Once cool, shred the roast with forks.
- In an oven-safe casserole dish or cast-iron skillet, layer your ingredients one by one: chips, pinto beans, cheese, olives, jalapeños and shredded eye of round roast. Broil in the oven until cheese is melted.
- Top with optional ingredients: tomato, onion, cilantro, pico de gallo, avocado or guacamole and freshly squeezed lime.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!