Slow-Cooked Maple Ham
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks
- 8- pound smoked ham butt
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Pour pineapple into large slow cooker. Place ham on top of pineapple, flat-side down.
- In small bowl, combine syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, Dijon mustard and pepper. Pour over ham. Set slow cooker to low. Cook 4-5 hours.
- Remove ham; keep warm. Skim fat off top of remaining liquid in slow cooker.
- Pour liquid into small saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer; cook until reduced to desired consistency.
- Serve sauce on side or heat oven to broil and glaze ham. Broil 3-4 minutes for caramelized crust. Serves 10.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!