Southwest Breakfast Protein Sandwich
- 1 English muffin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper ground
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbs. green bell pepper diced
- 2 Tbs. red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 slice reduced-sodium deli ham sliced in half
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine eggs, 1/3 cup milk, pepper, chili powder and cumin, and whisk well. Stir in diced bell peppers.
- Heat medium nonstick pan or skillet over medium heat. Transfer egg mixture to the pan or skillet and stir for 4-5 minutes until eggs are scrambled and fully cooked. Slice English muffin in half so there are two slices. On top of each slice, sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese, one of the half slices of ham, half of the scrambled egg mixture and half of the sliced avocados.
- Place sandwiches on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted and ham is heated through.
Serving: 2gSodium: 175mgCalcium: 72mgVitamin C: 22mgVitamin A: 793IUSugar: 3gFiber: 4gPotassium: 279mgCholesterol: 4mgCalories: 146kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 6gProtein: 5gCarbohydrates: 20gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!