Spicy Paprika Roast
- 3-4 pounds boneless beef round rump roast or bottom round roast
- 2 Tbs. paprika
- 2 Tbs. onion powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried garlic
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Combine rub ingredients; press onto beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325 F oven 1½ to 2 hours for medium-rare doneness. (Do not overcook.)
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135 F. Let stand 15 minutes. Temperature will rise to 145 F for medium-rare.
- Carve roast; season with salt.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!