Spinach Dip in an Edible Bread Bowl
- 1 10- ounce package chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry of all liquid
- 1 16- ounce container of sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise you can also use plain Greek yogurt
- 1 package dry vegetable soup mix Knorr brand recommended
- A pinch or two of cayenne
- pepper optional
- 1 8- ounce can water chestnuts drained and chopped (optional)
- 3 to 4 green onions chopped (optional) or for milder flavor a handful of chopped chives
- 1 round sourdough bread loaf
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Chill for at least 2 hours. Stir dip. Hollow out the center of the bread loaf and fill it with the dip. Serve on a platter with chips, cut raw veggies, crackers and the bread from the center of the loaf, cut into cubes, if desired. Makes 4 cups.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!