Taco Turkey Burgers with Guacamole
- 1 package 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 Tbs. taco seasoning
- 3 Tbs. diced chilies canned
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 2 avocados to taste
- 1 to mato diced
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper
- Pepper jack cheese to taste
- Salsa to taste
- 4 hamburger buns to serve
- Preheat the grill on medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine ground turkey, taco seasoning, diced chilies, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly so chilis are evenly distributed. Form into 4 patties. Pat each side of the turkey patties with bread crumbs. Grill turkey patties for about 8 minutes per side, cooking until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 F using a meat thermometer.
- While turkey patties are grilling, prepare your guacamole. Mash the avocados in a bowl with a fork or a pastry cutter, until desired the consistency is achieved. Add diced tomato, lime juice, cumin and salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
- Top burgers with pepper jack cheese during the last minute of grilling. To assemble, top each burger with guacamole and salsa.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!