Turkey Pot Pie
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 Spanish white onion chopped
- 2 celery ribs medium diced
- 3 carrots small diced
- 3 cups cooked shredded turkey (dark meat preferred)
- 2 Tbs. fresh tarragon chopped
- 2 Tbs. fresh parsley chopped
- 4 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 4 cups turkey stock or leftover gravy
- 2 potatoes peeled and medium diced
- 1 square prepared puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- In medium saucepot, melt butter; add onion and sweat 4 minutes. Add celery and carrots; cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook 4 minutes. Add tarragon, parsley and all-purpose flour; cook 4 minutes. Add stock and bring to simmer. Add potatoes and simmer until fork tender.
- Pour filling into pie pan and top with pastry. Brush pastry with egg.
- Bake pie 20-30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!