White Bean Soup with Spicy Chorizo
- 4 cups kale chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can 14 ounces cannellini beans, drained
- 2 cups water plus additional for rinsing
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 links precooked chicken sausage diced
- 3-1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Rinse kale, squash and cannellini beans in water. Set aside.
- In pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and garlic, stirring frequently until softened, about 5 minutes. Add sausage and sauté 2 minutes or until warmed through and slightly browned.
- Add squash, kale, broth and 2 cups water. Cook, partially covered, 15-20 minutes, or until squash is softened.
- Reduce heat to low. Add beans and gently simmer uncovered 3 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!