Whole Wheat Chocolate Peppermint Drop Cookies
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 ¾ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candy
- 36 whole peppermint candy melts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease or line with parchment paper two cookie sheets.
- In medium bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth. Stir in the cocoa and flour; the dough will be sticky. Mix in the chocolate chips and crushed peppermint candy.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving 1 ½-inch between them.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until cookies are set. Remove from oven. If desired, place a whole peppermint candy in center of each cookie.
NOTE: cookies will be very soft coming out of the oven, but will firm up as they cool on the cookie sheet.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!